MINIMUM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following requirements are to be met in addition to other programme specific requirements
Senior High School (SHS) Certificate Holders
- WASSCE certificate holders must have at least six (6) credit passes (A1-C6) including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, as well as three (3) relevant elective subjects with a total aggregate of 36 or better.
- SSSCE certificate holders must possess six (6) credit passes or better (A-D) in three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, as well as three (3) relevant elective subjects with a total aggregate of 36 or better.
- School Certificate/GCE Holders must have Five (5) credits at GCE “O” Level, including English Language and Mathematics as well as two (2) “A” Level passes other than General Paper in relevant subjects. They must also satisfy the Special Programme requirement(s) for programme(s) chosen
One of the following qualifications: Automotive Technology; Motor Vehicle Technician III (MVT III), Mechanical Technology; Mechanical Engineering Technician III (MET III), Construction Technology; Construction Technician Certificate III and Electricals/Electronics Technology; Electrical Technician Engineering.
POST-DIPLOMA APPLICANTS (Diploma Holders)
They must possess a Higher National Diploma or its equivalence in a relevant field of study from a recognised institution. (Successful Post-Diploma applicants may be placed at Level 200 or 300 of the four-year degree programme depending on their academic qualifications)
Applicant should possess:
- A researched Master’s Degree in the relevant field of study from an accredited institution.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above in the courses offered at the Master’s degree level.
- At least grade ‘B’ in the dessertation presented for the Master’s degree.
Applicant must have:
- A good first degree (2nd Class Lower or better in the relevant discipline from a recognised University.
- A Pass in a selection interview and/or entrance examination to be organized by the Department.