DEANS, DIRECTORS, HEADS OF DEPARTMENT/SECTION/UNIT (AAMUSTED)
ATTENTION: MEMBERS OF CONVOCATION
USE OF PROXY VOTE FOR THE ELECTION OF PRO VICE-CHANCELLOR
In connection with the Pro Vice-Chancellor election scheduled for November 3, 2023, we respectfully communicate the procedure for the use of proxy votes to electorates as follows:
- An eligible voter who will be unable to vote on the polling day shall apply to appoint a person to vote on his/her behalf by completing a proxy vote Application Form.
- A person appointed to vote by proxy shall be an eligible voter.
- An eligible voter shall not act as proxy for more than one person.
- The completed proxy form should be in a sealed envelope with applicants Name, Department and Signature written across the seal. The envelope should be marked PROXY and should be submitted to the Directorate of Public Affairs, (University Relations Office). The completed proxy form could also be sent to the Director of Public Affairs through WhatsApp on 0205111906. Duly completed proxy forms should be submitted by 12:00 noon on November 2, 2023. Application to vote by proxy sent by e-mail, text message or telephone call without the completion of a Proxy Vote Application Form will not be accepted.
- A person appointed as proxy will be required to show a copy of the completed Proxy Vote Application Form at the polling station.
- A person shall not appoint more than one person at a time as proxy to vote at the election.
- A person who has applied to vote by proxy shall not vote at the election unless he has applied for cancellation of the proxy, which cancellation should be done one clear day before the day of election.
- An application for the cancellation of the proxy shall be in writing to the Registrar.
- A proxy whose appointment is cancelled shall cease to have the right to vote for the applicant whether or not proxy is aware of the cancellation.
- The Returning Officer shall certify that the proxy and the applicants are eligible voters.
Copies of the Proxy Vote Application Form can be obtained from the Directorate of Public Affairs or the AAMUSTED Website (click here to download ).
Augustus K. Brew