This opportunity is for UK institutions to invite an eminent researcher from overseas to enhance the skills and knowledge of the academic staff and/or students. A Visiting Professorship may last for between 3 and 12 months, and tenures of 6 months or more can be spread over 2 or more visits. Applications will be considered in all subject areas except studies of disease, illness, and disabilities in humans and animals, and, research that is intended to inform clinical practice or the development of medical applications.
- Applications must be made by a member of academic staff, based in a UK university or other higher education institution, who will be responsible for coordinating the visit
- The host academic’s employing institution must also agree to administer the grant if awarded and to provide appropriate facilities for the Visiting Professor
- Visitors who have previously held a Leverhulme Visiting Professorship can only apply if at least 7 years have elapsed since the last one
- In special circumstances, the Trust Board is prepared to consider candidates who do not hold a university post
- Collaborative research alone will not be a sufficient justification for a grant. The emphasis should be on the diffusion of skills and expertise. Priority will be given to new or recent collaborative ventures
Applications are invited for a minimum of £10,000 and a maximum of £150,000. Offered twice a year 1st 2023 round Closes: 6 October 2022 and 2nd 2023 round Closes: 4 May 2023
More information here: https://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/visiting-professorships