The programme is for applicants who intend to train as teachers of Business Education with specialization in Accounting. It is designed to equip students with knowledge and pedagogy in Accounting.
The programme is intended for:
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate Holders
- HND, RSA, DBS, ABCE and GBCE Certificate Holders
- School Certificate/GCE Holders
Job opportunities are available in:
- The Ghana Education Service and other Educational settings
- The Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)
- The Banks, Business, Industry and NGOs
(a) (i) WASSCE Candidates
Must have at least grade ‘C6’ in three subjects selected from: Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Cost Accounting, Business Management, Economics, and Elective Mathematics.
(ii) SSCE Candidates
Must have at least grade ‘D’ or better in three subjects selected from: Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Cost Accounting, Business Management, Economics, and Elective Mathematics.
(iii) GBCE Candidates
Must have at least Grade ‘D’ or better in three subjects selected from: Business Mathematics, Commerce, Cost Accounting, Economics, Financial Accounting, Information Technology, Auditing, and Business Law.
(iv) GCE Advanced Level Candidates
Must have at least three (3) Grade ‘D’ passes selected from: Business Management, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Government, History and Geography and Government. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics, General Science and Agricultural Science.
(v) Advanced Business Certificate Candidates
Must have full Diploma Certificate. In addition, candidates must have five(5) passes including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies at the General Business Certificate Examination or SSSCE and WASSCE levels. Applicants in this category will have to pass an interview before they are placed at the appropriate levels.
(b) Mature Applicants
- Must be at least 25 years by 1st September of the year one wants to enroll.
- Must hold Teacher’s Certificate or GCE/SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate or a Certificate of Professional Training in a relevant field from a recognized Institution.
- Must pass Entrance Examination comprising a Subject Aptitude Test (SAT) and a General Aptitude Test (GAT).
(c) Post-Diploma Applicants
Must have a minimum of Second Class Lower (Accountancy). In addition, applicants must have had a two (2) year post HND working experience. Applicants with HND in Accountancy, Purchasing and Supply, Entrepreneurship and Finance will be placed in Level 200 for the BSc. Accounting Education programme and Level 300 for the Part-Time Programmes of BSc. Administration (Accounting, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Information Systems, Banking and Finance). Equivalent qualifications from elsewhere duly certified by the National Accreditation Board would be considered. HND applicants will have to pass an admission interview.