The ICGEB SMART Fellowship programme promotes the mobility of researchers between the ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in new technologies, and increasing cooperation in science and technology and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories. The programme promotes the mobility of researchers among the ICGEB Member States as a way of enhancing skill development, acquisition of specific hands-on training in technologies available in the receiving laboratory, and increasing bilateral cooperation in science and technology, and should show clear evidence of strong collaboration between the two laboratories. Applicants should focus on the impact on the fellow’s career, the benefit to the applicant’s home laboratory, and the suitability of the receiving laboratory. Applications are welcome in any area of the Life Sciences.
- The call is open to nationals of ICGEB Member States and provides fellowships to scientists in the early stage of their career wishing to spend between 3 and 9 months at a research institution in an ICGEB Member State other than their own.
- Fellowships for mobility support to laboratories located in Italy, India, and South Africa can be considered if the research activity proposed is not covered by one of the ICGEB laboratories
- There is no age limit. However, preference is given to young scientists at the beginning of their research careers.
- Applicants should be either registered for a PhD or have obtained their PhD degree within the last 5 years.
- Young scientists holding an MSc or equivalent can apply. SMART Fellowships support mobility between laboratories located in the Member States.
- Awards are not intended to prolong visits begun under other auspices; to support participation in courses, workshops, or symposia or as bridging fellowships between, or prior to, long-term stays funded by ICGEB or other organizations.
- Awards are for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 9 months. The fellowship covers international economy return travel, health insurance plus subsistence of the fellow only. The stipend ranges from US$ 800 to 1,500 per month according to local conditions in the receiving country and the seniority of the applicant. Additionally, a US$ 500 monthly bench fee can be paid directly to the receiving laboratory based on the recommendation of the ICGEB Fellowships Committee.
The deadline for application is 30 September 2022 and 31 March 2023.
More information here: https://www.icgeb.org/activities/fellowship/http-www-icgeb-org-wp-content-uploads-2019-02-smart-app-form-250219-doc/