The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports the mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia. The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations3 in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
- Students who: Are university students at universities outside Slovakia; Are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme; Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
- PhD students; Whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
- International university teachers, researchers, and artists; Who is invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
- Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
Amount of the monthly scholarship will be given as follows university student € 350, PhD student € 580, university teacher/researcher/artist, without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist € 580, with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist € 850 and with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist with PhD degree €1000.
The deadline for application is 31 October and 30 April
More Information here: https://www.scholarships.sk/en/main/programme-terms-and-conditions/foreign-applicants