Engr. Martha Danso (Mrs) is a female senior lecturer mechanical engineer who has rich experience in teaching mechanical technology courses for several years and on post retirement contract.
- PhD (Educational Leadership): University of Education, Winneba – 2022
- Post Graduate Certificate (Research and Evaluation) Sussex University, UK – 2011
- MA (Education) Brunel University, Twickenham Campus, UK – 1996
- Post Graduate Certificate (Design & Technology Education), Brunel University, Runnymede Campus, UK – 1995
- Diploma (Industrial Arts & Technology), Kumasi Advanced Technical Teachers’ College (KATTC), Kumasi, Ghana – 1993
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level – 1981
- 3 – Year Post Secondary Teacher Education – 1980
Professional Affiliations/ Memberships
- Founding member of Women in Engineering (WIE) in Ghana – 2019 to date
- Member of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET – Ghana) – 2014 to date
- Member of University Teachers’ Association of Ghana (UTAG) – 1996 – date
- Member of the International Women’s Leadership Foundation Fellows (IWLF): 2006 – date
Research Interests and Supervision
- Exploration of Critical Experiences Influencing Females Pursuing Technology-related Programmes in Ghanaian Universities: A Phenomenological Study Thesis defended, corrected, submitted and graduated
- Evaluating the impact of science, technology, mathematics education (STME) Clinics on Ghanaian women’s scientific and technological development for two decades
- Harnessing the untapped potentials of female artisans and technologists for national development.
- Ingenious utilization of metal scraps
- Boaduo, A.P. (F.R.C.), Danso, M., Mensah, J., Boaduo, S.M.B. & Pipim, P. K. (2013). Instructional Strategies with the greatest likelihood of positively Enhancing Students’ Learning and Performance. In: Contemporary Methodological Issues in Classroom Teaching (Chapter 8:64 – 75). Saarbrucken-Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Boaduo, A.P. (F.R.C.), Danso, M., Mensah, J., Boaduo, S.M.B. & Pipim, P. K. (2013). Making Learning in the Classroom more appropriate for now and beyond 2050. In: Contemporary Methodological Issues in Classroom Teaching (Chapter 4:26 – 32). Saarbrucken-Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Boaduo, A.P. (F.R.C.), Danso, M., Mensah, J. & Boaduo, S.M.B. (2012). Models of Practical Teaching. Saarbrucken-Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Danso, M. (2005). Machine Tools and Processes II; Distance Education Manual (122 pp)
- Mensah, J. D., Buor-Frimpong, V., Danso, M., Amoah, M. (2002). Pre-Technical Skills for Junior Secondary Schools Book Three; Accra, Adwinsa Publication: pp. 36-49.
- Mensah, J. D., Buor-Frimpong, V., Danso, M., Amoah, M (2002). Pre-Technical Skills for Junior Secondary Schools Book Two; Accra, Adwinsa Publication: pp. 1-23.
- Mensah, J. D., Buor-Frimpong, V., Danso, M., Amoah, M (2002). Pre-Technical Skills for Junior Secondary Schools Book One; Accra, Adwinsa Publication: pp.1-48.
- Danso, M. (1996). Female Technological Development in Ghanaian Senior Secondary Schools; Dissertation; Brunel, University of West London (100 pp.)
- Danso, M. & Oti-Agyen, P. (March, 2023). Re-orientation of negative socio/cultural practices for enhanced participation of technology-related programmes by female students in Ghanaian universities. Accepted for publication in International Journal of Applied Research in Social Sciences P-ISSN: 2706-9176, E-ISSN: 2706-9184, Fair East Publishers Journal Homepage: fepbl.com/index.php/ijars
- Boaduo, P. (F.R.C.) & Danso, M. (2014). The need to pep up the state of educational research in African Higher Institutions: A critical examination of new directions by professional educational researchers. Global Advanced Research Journal of Educational Research and Review 3(1): 001-006, 2014; http://garj.org/garjerr/index.htm
- Turner, S., Danso, M. Gadagbui, G. (2005). Challenges faced by Women Studying Information and Communication Technology: International Perspective. rwesig.net/2005%20conference.htm
- Danso, M. (2004). Breaking the Gender Bias in Technology Education; In: Structure & Operation of Vocational Technical Education for People with Special Needs in a Democratic and Deregulated Economy, Oyo State (Oyo), School of Vocational & Technical Education, Federal College of Education (FCE) Publication, 1: 41 – 49.
- Danso, M. (1999). Functionalism in Design & Technology Education: Ghana Educational Media Technology Association, 1(2): 7 – 10.
- Danso, M. (1998). Re-structuring Technology Education for Vision 2010: The Position of Girls. In Technology Education and the Realization of Vision 2010 (The Conference Book of Proceedings), Lagos (pp. 5-8); Marcillina Nigeria Ventures Print.
- Danso, M. (1997). Textiles in Design and Technology Education, Ghana Educational Media Technology Association, 1(1): 74 – 87.