The Einstein Foundation Award for Promoting Quality in Research aims to provide recognition and publicity for outstanding efforts that enhance the rigor, reliability, robustness, and transparency of research in the natural sciences, the social sciences, and the humanities, and stimulate awareness and activities fostering research quality among scientists, institutions, funders, and politicians. To acknowledge the outstanding role early career researchers (ECRs) have in promoting research quality, ECRs will be invited to propose projects that foster research quality and value. Projects will be competitively selected for funding and internationally showcased.
- This award is open to any researcher or group of researchers, organizations, or institutions involved in science and research, education, and scholarship. To be eligible for the early career award, candidates must hold a doctorate or have equivalent research experience and should have been independent researchers for no longer than five years.
- Nominations of an individual or small team should include a nomination letter, a CV, and a list of relevant publications of each nominee, as well as letters of support from eminent experts and former trainees.
- Applications or nominations of organizations and institutions should consist of a nomination or application letter, as well as letters of support from eminent experts.
- Early career researchers or small teams of early career researchers should submit a letter of motivation, a project proposal, as well as a CV and a list of relevant publications for each team member.
- The award is open to researchers and institutions from any part of the world. Applicants do not need to be affiliated with a German institution or be working in partnership with Berlin- or German-based institutions or researchers.
The Einstein Foundation will honor successful candidates in the following three categories:
- Individual Award: Individual researchers or small teams of collaborating researchers can be nominated. The laureate will be awarded €200,000.
- Institutional Award: Governmental and non-governmental organizations, institutions, or other entities can apply or be nominated. The award-winning organization or institution will receive €200,000.
- Early Career Award: Early career researchers or small teams of collaborating researchers can submit a project proposal that seeks to foster research quality and value for an award of €100,000
Application/Submission Deadline: 30 Apr 2023
More information here: https://www.einsteinfoundation.de/en/award/?mc_cid=a8fb9b06e1&mc_eid=0957530e46