The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship celebrates Victoria’s commitment to its international student community. These scholarships will provide partial fee-based scholarships for one year. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
Applicants must be:
- International students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
- You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme)
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- are in your second or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington
The deadline for application is 30th November 2023,1st June 2024 and 1 September 2024.
More information here: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/scholarships/current/tongarewa-scholarship
International Travel and Subsistence Grants
International Travel and Subsistence Grants are competitive funding that is available to provide grants for young research workers aged 35 or under, on avian diseases of any nationality for undertaking the following, in countries other than their own:
- Attendance and participation in scientific meetings.
- Short visits to appropriate laboratories for discussions and/or learning specific techniques (maximum duration 14 days).
- Attendance at appropriate training courses (not exceeding 14 days).
- It is an absolute requirement that the grant will be used in the furtherance of research on avian diseases.
- Grants will be awarded in full or in part
- Applicants may be young researchers of any nationality.
They are currently accepting applications (for funding up to £1K) to cover registration fees for online conferences and courses.
Applications must be received by the secretary by 15th February, 15th June, or 15th November each year.
More information here: http://www.houghtontrust.org.uk/travel-grants.php